Monday, December 10, 2007

I got tagged

I was tagged by müzi some time ago, only now I have the time to write..

When I was little (ben küçükken) I was a good and silent child, I think :-) I was rather shy, didn't talk much, was mostly interested in my books and school work. When I was in elementary school whenever I had some problem with the kids in my class I called my (younger) sister and asked her to 'fix' the problem. I remember her beating up a couple of kids that were disturbing me :-) I liked being the brain behind the scenes, if you know what I mean ;-) I had a nice name among teachers that I didn't want to destroy ;-)

I am in fact (ben aslinda) still a little bit shy. I thought that I had overcome the shyness during my years in Norway, but every now and then it takes over me, like two days ago, when we were at a Lions Club dinner with my husband, the speaker was bullshitting about the school system in Tuscany, about the rights of the kids, about the number of foreign kids in schools etc and I just didn't have the guts to stand up and say exactly what I mean. Ufff... In fact I am quite good in giving public speeches, making presentations and stuff (so they say), but maybe I was afraid that my Italian was not 'good enough' (my horrible perfectionism!)? I don't know...

The first time I cheated in an exam (ilk kopyam) must be in a history exam in high school. I cannot remember well. I didn't cheat usually. I was the one who was helping others in exams. But in high school I began thinking that memorizing the exact dates of wars and treaties was a waste of time. I preferred solving a few extra maths or physics problems instead. (God, do I sound boring?)

My cellular phone (cep telefonum) is not an elongation of my body, but I do feel a bit irritated when I forget it at home, worrying that they might call from the school of the kids, or my mother may call and I cannot answer back. I do miss the time before any cell phones existed.

My most stupid characteristic (en saçma huyum) must be my perfectionism. I do not only try to do my best in anything and everything I do (from cleaning the house to writing a thesis), but I expect the same attitude also from others! This is wrong. I only disturb myself and nobody else gives a damn.

Love (ask) cannot be explained by words. If you can answer the question "why do you love him/her?", that is not real love, because for loving someone you do not need a reason, you just love. It is love when a smile appears on your face only on hearing his/her name. It is love if you feel a sudden flush of heat in your body on seeing him/her. It is love if you get goose bumps only by a little touch of his/her hands. Although I define myself as a realistic person with feet firmly placed on earth, when it comes to love I think I am an incurable romantic :-)

The blogs that I like the most (en sevdigim bloglar) are the ones that I try to follow and sometimes leave a comment.

I want to tag metin, fulya and alp&ege'nin annesi. If you were tagged before, sorry, I haven't been following the blogs very much lately...

7 comments:

Alp ve Ege'nin Annesi said...

Söz yazacagim! Sevgiler...

Anonymous said...

It's nice to be tagged by so many people. I feel like my privacy is being violated as I am forced to reveal several seven things about me that I didn't think I even knew . . .

:))

Yasemin said...

Dear metin, rest assured that there is no 'forcing' involved in being tagged. If you don't feel like it, please just ignore that I have tagged you.

Anonymous said...

here's number one:
I try not to get testy with people who can't see the humor in my comments.

number two.
see number one.

:)

now i have to come up with five more??

Yasemin said...

Well, you can come up with 5 more, if you want, but make them a bit more juicy :-P By the way, you are still not answering my tag, but someone else's ;-)

müzi said...

mukemmeliyetci oldugun taa buralardan anlasiliyor zaten:))

Yasemin said...

müzi, eyvah, oralardan bile belliyse ben yanmisim desene :-P