Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Can't foresee tomorrow from yesterday

It has been over a month that I had last written something here. When I wanted to visit my blog today, I had to type all the address in the address bar of Firefox since it was so long ago I visited my own page the last time that the address didn't remain in the recently visited sites list..

Everything is fine here. I have been on a business trip to a country that under normal circumstances I wouldn't travel to. It was a change. If it hadn't been for the blister on my foot I would have enjoyed it more ;-)

The weather got crazy in Florence. It is raining extremely much mostly during the night and there is sun during the day... Usually, that is. Otherwise it is dark and cloudy all the day like today.. I don't like this weather. It makes me gloomy.. Sometimes I cannot believe that I survived 10 years in Bergen, where rain was the default background of our days for months...

I got back in touch with many people from the past thanks to Facebook these last weeks. It is so strange.. There is one that I had no contact for nearly 30 years.. And now we are writing to each other as if it was only yesterday our roads have separated. There is so much to write about, so much to catch up. I don't even know why we never met again. We were living in the same city for 10 years before I left the country, but none of us made an effort to find the other one. Not that I didn't wonder what that person was doing all these years, I did. But never did anything significant to find its location. Now, reading all the mails that I receive, I find someone that I would have enjoyed to have by my side as a friend... Anyway, it is never too late. I was complaining that I cannot make new friends any more and all of a sudden I found one in a place where I didn't expect to find it.

No comments: